Current Payday Lenders in Missouri – Terms, Rates, Legislation
Payday loans can help you get speedy cash to cover an emergency expense or unexpected bill. If you reside in the state of Missouri and are considering taking out a quick loan, this guide will help you understand how the payday lending laws work in MO.
The list of payday loan lenders in Missouri
Cash Central is a direct online lender that guarantees a fast and easy application and instant funding process. The company offers same-day payday and short-term installment loans across the USA, including Missouri. Here you can borrow up to $800 in payday loans. The lender also offers installment loans up to $5,000.
- Address: 2601 North Lamar Boulevard, Austin, Texas 78705-4207
- Phone: 1-800-460-4305
- Website: https://www.cashcentral.com/
LendNation is a recognized company that offers multiple types of loans to borrowers in over 250 locations across the United States. You can get the funds you need quickly, easily and hassle-free.
- Address: 7925 State Ave Suites 106 & 107, Kansas City, KS 66112, United States
- Phone: +1 913-788-4900
- Website: https://www.lendnation.com/
Check Into Cash
Check Into Cash is another popular direct lender, providing consumers with competitive, short-term, small dollar loans. The company has more than 1,100 stores in 30 states. The company was established in 1993.
- Phone: (423) 479-2400
- Address: 201 Keith Street Southwest Suite 80 Cleveland, TN 37311 USA
- Website: https://checkintocash.com/
- Email: email@example.com
RISE Credit offers quick, online loans for various types of short-term financial emergencies and more. The online platform advertises speedy online lending decisions and affordable rates. With this lender, you can borrow up to $5,000. Their loans are popular among borrowers with poor credit or no credit.
- Address: P.O. Box 679900, Dallas, TX 75267-990
- Phone: (866)-580-1226
- Website: https://www.risecredit.com/
CashinaSnap is an online payday loan connection service with an extensive network of licensed lenders. It provides financial assistance to people in their time of need. Their products are available in multiple states: Alabama, Ohio, Oregon, Illinois, California, Texas, Kansas, South Carolina, Colorado, Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, and Oklahoma.
- Address: 3119 Old Military Rd Ste 100 Central Point, OR 97502
- Website: https://www.cashinasnap.com/
- Phone number: 1-(541)-500-0900
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ACE Cash Express
Since 1968, ACE Cash Express has been a trusted lender, offering small-dollar short-term loans, check cashing, prepaid debit cards, and other credit products.
- Phone: 1-866-223-2274
- Address: 300 E John Carpenter Fwy Ste 900, Irving, Texas, 75062, United States
- Website: https://www.acecashexpress.com/
Minute Loan Center
Minute Loan Center is a licensed loan agency. As a broker, they can help you find the right lender in the network of over 100 direct lenders. You can even get a loan with no credit check. The company offers quick personal loans, and you can expect to receive the money in 30 minutes. You can apply for a loan in store or online. Minute Loan Center currently operates in 6 states, including Missouri, Delaware, Nevada, Mississippi, South Carolina, and Utah. The company has been helping consumers for over 25 years.
- Address: 272 Bendix Road, Suite 500. Virginia Beach, VA 23452
- Website: minuteloancenter.com
- Phone: number 1-888-213-5744
- Email: email@example.com
FaaastCash is an online loan provider that offers cash advance loans for those in need of fast cash. Its main function is to refer consumers who need money to lenders that work with clients having poor credit scores. The platform cooperates with 100+ licensed lenders increasing the chances of getting approved for a payday loan.
- Address: 515 South Riverside Avenue Medford, Oregon 97501
- Website: faaastcash.com
- Phone number: (541) 500-3030
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dollar Hand offers a convenient way to borrow cash fast, whether it is for short-term emergencies or any important purchase. If you need to borrow $200, $300, $1,000 or more, the company offers a simple online application process, so you can get speedy approval and have the money in your bank account within a few hours.
- Address: Suite A, Indianapolis, IN 46227
- Phone: +1 317-882-2000, 7799 U.S. 31 S
- Website: https://dollarhand.com/
Check City is another recognized financial services company. Their products include short-term cash advances, payday loans, check cashing, installment loans, and more.
- Address: 2474 North University Avenue Provo, UT 84604 USA
- Phone: (866) 294-4672
- Website: https://www.checkcity.com/
CheckSmart is a direct lender that first opened up in 1987, somewhere in the United States. The lender is available nationally. They currently operate in the following states: Arizona, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, New Mexico, Ohio, and Virginia. With CheckSmart, you can qualify for up to $5,000 through an Installment Loan, up to $800 through an Express Single Payment Loan, or even up to $25,000 through a Title Loan. The lender only operates in store locations.
- Address: 6501 Troost Ave Kansas City MO 64131
- Website: https://www.ccfi.com/checksmart/
- Phone number: (816) 926-9977
Pheabs allows you to find the most suitable payday loan lender across the United States. They cooperate with direct and licensed payday lenders and short-term loan companies nationally. Here you can borrow $100 to $35,000 paid off over 3 to 24 months.
- Address: 515 E Las Olas Boulevard Suite 120. Fort Lauderdale FL 33301
- Phone: 1-855-884-6510
- Website: https://pheabs.com/
With Open Cash Advance, you can borrow up to $500 cash advance or up to $5,000 installment loans for your money needs. The company makes the entire process of receiving a loan quick, simple, and secure. You can expect to get your money in as little as 1 business day. Even borrowers with poor credit or no credit may qualify for a payday loan with this company.
- Address: 30 N GOULD ST, STE R, Sheridan, WY 82801
- Website: https://opencashadvance.com/
Advance America offers both payday and title loans online or in their 2,000+ store locations. Available payday loan amounts vary by state, but typically you can get somewhere between $100 and $1,100. Title loan amounts range between $300 and $10,000.
- Address: 148 E New Rd, Greenfield, IN 46140
- Phone: +1 317-467-9850
- Website: https://www.advanceamerica.net/
1F Cash Advance
1F Cash Advance is a loan matching platform that helps you find the best lender who provides people with quick and affordable payday loans online.
- Tel: (888) 847-2909
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 1942 Broadway St., STE 314C Boulder, CO 80302
- Website: https://1firstcashadvance.org/
GreenDayOnline offers to borrow money quickly to help you out in an emergency, without hard credit checks. You will get a speedy lending decision. Loans between $100 and $5,000 can be used for any purpose. The company has extensive experience in providing multiple loan types across the United States.
- Address: 5050 Quorum Drive Dallas, Texas 75254 18851 NE 29th Avenue Aventura, FL 33180
- Phone: (800) 424-2789
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://greendayonline.com/
Cardinal Loans is a direct lender that serves residents of Missouri, Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Tennessee. The company guarantees approval in minutes. Here you can borrow between $50 and $3,000. There are several locations in the state of Missouri: Butler, Clinton, Lincoln, and Warrensburg.
- Address: Cardinal Loans LLC, 4050 Pennsylvania Ave, Kansas City, MO 64111-3041
- Website: https://cardinal-loans.com/
- Phone number: (816) 239-3543
Waldo Financial is a licensed payday and installment loan lender founded in 1999. The company operates in store locations in Kansas City, MO. Here you can take out either a payday loan up to $500 or an installment loan up to $2,000.
- Address: 8437 Wornall Road, KCMO 64114
- Website: https://waldofinancial.com/
- Phone number: (816) 333-6800
- Email: email@example.com/td>
Are payday loans legal in Missouri?
Yes. Payday loans are currently legal in the state of Missouri and governed by Mo. Rev. Stat. 408.500 et seq.
Payday lenders must get a license from the state’s Division of Finance to offer loans in the state. The license must be displayed in a visible place and describe all the details about the business and the Division of Finance contact details.
A lender is obliged to provide a borrower with a copy of the contract containing all the details about the transaction. Besides, the document must describe the terms and conditions in detail, and a borrower should read the agreement carefully before signing it. The contract can be canceled by the end of the following working day if necessary.
A lender must disclose all the details about charges, terms, and APRs. Moreover, a company is also obliged to keep all the documents about payday lending transactions for no more than 2 years. If a lender decides to close its business, the Division of Finance must be informed at least 10 business days prior to it. Also, a lender must provide a letter describing the reasons for the business termination, hand in the license and also mention the location of any receivables.
The payday lending laws in the state of Missouri are the most favorable for loan providers and, actually, the most relaxed in the country.
The existing legislation was introduced in 2002 and it allowed multiple payday lenders to prosper. MO has got also the most lenient laws regarding interest rates.
Missouri payday loan regulations
|Interest Rate (APR)||443% APR|
|Minimum Loan Amount||Not determined|
|Maximum Loan Amount||$500|
|Minimum Loan Term||14 days|
|Maximum Loan Term||31 days|
|Finance Charges||No interest and fees in excess of 75% of the initial loan amount on any single loan|
|Statute of Limitations||Ten years|
|Database Loan Tracking||None|
How much will a payday loan in Missouri cost?
Missouri payday loans are pretty expensive. Below are the possible fees a company may charge when you take out a payday loan in MO.
- Financing fees: 75% of the original loan amount, including interest and other fees
- APR: 443% (the APR on a 2-week $100 loan is 1950%)
- Collection fees: You may be charged a reasonable non-sufficient funds (NSF) fee if you do not pay off your loan by the due date
- Default charges: Court costs and reasonable attorney fees
Payday loan amount in Missouri
- Since 2006, you cannot borrow more than $500 in payday loans in the state of MO.
- You can only take one loan at a time, and a lender is allowed to charge fees and interest.
- You are allowed to renew your loan 6 times, provided that you are able to reduce the principal loan amount by 5% before every rollover.
The maximum term for a payday loan in Missouri
Payday loans in Missouri can be issued for periods ranging between 14 and 31 days. However, you can extend your loan significantly by renewing it 6 times, as long as you lessen their initial balance by at least 5% each time.
Regretfully, you will be charged a rollover fee. It can be as much as the lender wants, as long as the laws and regulations are not violated.
Payday lenders work with people having good or bad credit scores. To qualify for a Missouri payday loan, you must comply with a few eligibility criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age or older
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Reside in Missouri
- Have an open, personal, active checking account
- Have a steady income and earn at least $500-800 per month
Where can I get a payday loan in Missouri?
Cities available are not limited to but include the following:
- Blue Springs
- Cape Girardeau
- Excelsior Springs
- Flat River
- Green City
- Jefferson City
- Kansas City
- Lees Summit
- Mountain Grove
- New Haven
- O Fallon
- Platte City
- Poplar Bluff
- Saint Charles
- Saint Clair
- Saint Louis
- Saint Peters
- Sainte Genevieve
- Saint Joseph
- Saint Robert
- St. Louis
- University City
- Webb City
- West Plains
- Currently, lenders are not obliged to check a potential borrower’s ability to pay off a loan.
- Before you take on financial obligations, evaluate your current financial situation, and don’t borrow too much.
- Any criminal actions against borrowers are not allowed in MO.
- A lender may charge collection fees in case of insufficient funds.
- All lenders must keep all the borrowers’ information confidential and not transfer it to other lenders.
- A lender must inform a borrower about any APR charges made by the payday lending business before concluding the contract.
Missouri Division of Finance
- Address: Truman State Office Building, Room 630, Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Phone: 573-751-3242
- Fax: 573-751-9192
- Website: https://finance.mo.gov/