Current Payday Lenders in Indiana – Terms, Rates, Legislation
Each state has its own rules and regulations regarding payday loan industry. This guide explores the Indiana payday loan laws.
The list of payday loan lenders in Indiana
Cash Central is a direct online lender that offers a fast application and quick funding process. The company offers online payday and short-term installment loans in most of the states of USA, including Illinois. It offers payday loans up to $800 and installment loans up to $5,000.
- Address: 2601 North Lamar Boulevard, Austin, Texas 78705-4207
- Phone: 1-800-460-4305
- Website: https://www.cashcentral.com/
Check `n Go
Check ‘n Go operates a chain of payday loan stores in the United States. The company provides customers with small-dollar payday loans that are unsecured short-term cash advances. If you meet the requirements, you can get access to cash fast, but the interest is high.
- Address: 320 Ridge Rd, Munster, IN 46321
- Phone: +1 219-836-2626
- Website: https://www.checkngo.com/
Pheabs allows you to find the best payday loan lender across the USA. They are partnered with direct and legitimate payday lenders and short term loan companies across the country. Customers can borrow $100 to $35,000 paid back over 3 to 24 months.
- Address: 515 E Las Olas Boulevard Suite 120. Fort Lauderdale FL 33301
- Phone: 1-855-884-6510
- Website: https://pheabs.com/
Capital Bean is an online loan connection service. It offers a fully online process so that you can get an immediate approval decision and funding within 24 hours. With Capital Bean, you can borrow $100, $200 and even up to $35,000.
- Address: 7073 Cedarwood Dr. Los Angeles, CA 90006, United States
- Phone: 1-855-884-6520
- Website: https://capitalbean.com/
RISE Credit offers quick, online cash options for financial emergencies and more. The lender guarantees fast online approval process and great rates. You can borrow up to $5,000. Its loans are designed for bad-credit borrowers.
- Address: P.O. Box 679900, Dallas, TX 75267-990
- Phone: (866)-580-1226
- Website: https://www.risecredit.com/
ACE Cash Express
ACE Cash Express offers payday loans in 8 states with loan amounts between $255 and $1,500 and title loans in 7 states with amounts between $200 and $5,000. You can choose to get cash instantly in-store or overnight with easy online applications. The lender offers 72-hour guarantee.
- Address: 1017 E Coliseum Blvd, Fort Wayne, IN 46805
- Phone: +1 260-484-0099
- Website: https://www.acecashexpress.com/
Open Cash Advance
With Open Cash Advance you can borrow up to $500 cash advance or up to $5,000 installment loans that suit your unique needs. The lender makes the process of finding a small loan quick, simple, and secure. You can expect to receive your funds in as little as one business day. Even those with less than perfect credit may qualify for a cash advance with this company.
- Address: 30 N GOULD ST, STE R, Sheridan, WY 82801
- Website: https://opencashadvance.com/
A-1 Cash Advance
A-1 Cash Advance offers in-store and online payday loans up to $605. It offers same-day cash at five Indy locations. The lender approves online payday loans within 1 hour and electronically deposits funds by the next business day, with no credit checks.
- Address: 5325 W. 10th St., Indianapolis, IN 46224; Multiple locations
- Phone: (317) 243-9300
- Website: a1cashadvance.com
AdvanceSOS is an online connection service that helps Americans find reliable and trustworthy payday lenders. It offers online cash advance loans with same day funding from a trusted direct lender with guaranteed instant decision. The company was founded by Nick Wilson, an experienced loan officer.
- Address: OK 812 E Central Ave, Miami, OK 74354
- Phone: +1 (918) 544-52-99
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://advancesos.com/
Dollar Hand offers an effective way to borrow cash fast, whether it is for emergencies or any other purchase. If you need to borrow $300, $500, $1,000 or more, the lender offers an online application process, so you can get an immediate decision and once approved, you can have money in your bank account within 1 hour or the same day of applying.
- Address: Suite A, Indianapolis, IN 46227
- Phone: +1 317-882-2000, 7799 U.S. 31 S
- Website: https://dollarhand.com/
GreenDayOnline offers to borrow cash fast to help you out in am emergency. with no hard credit checks. You will get an approval decision fast. Loans between $100 and $5,000 can be used for whatever purpose. Green Day Online has a rich experience in providing various loan types across the USA.
- Address: 5050 Quorum Drive Dallas, Texas 75254 18851 NE 29th Avenue Aventura, FL 33180
- Phone: (800) 424-2789
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://greendayonline.com/
CashNetUSA is an online lender offering payday loans, installment loans, and line of credit products. The company can lend up to $800 with loan terms anywhere between 8 and 31 days. Borrowers apply online and receive an instant lending decision.
- Address: 175 W. Jackson Blvd, Suite 1000, Chicago, Illinois 60604.
- Phone: 888.801.9075
- Website: https://www.cashnetusa.com/
Advance America supplies both payday and title loans online or at over 2,000 store locations. Amounts vary by state’. Max payday loans range $100-$1,100 and max title loans range $300-$10,000.
- Address: 148 E New Rd, Greenfield, IN 46140
- Phone: +1 317-467-9850
- Website: https://www.advanceamerica.net/
Check Into Cash
Check Into Cash is a lender with 25 years in business offers short-term payday loans up to $1,000 and title loans up to $25,000 with easy application process. Consumers can get money as soon as the next business day. The company also offers installment loans and lines of credit.
- Address: 201 Keith Street Southwest Suite 80 Cleveland, TN 37311 USA
- Phone: 855-920-9800
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://checkintocash.com/
Allied Cash Advance
Allied Cash Advance offers to take payday advances in-store or with an online application in 5 states. Max loan amounts vary by state and range between $50 and $1,500. You can expect to get instant access to funds in-store or next business day with online approval.
- Address: PO Box 36124, Cincinnati, Ohio, 45236, United States
- Phone: (800) 528-1974
- Website: https://www.alliedcash.com/
Cash King provides short-term payday advances from $50 to $605 with no finance charge on your first loan and no credit check. They approve qualified applicants in a matter of minutes and gives borrowers cash in store. The company follows best-practice industry standards.
- Address: 1601 E. Main St., Plainfield, IN 46168
- Phone: (317) 559-2274
- Website: cashkingindiana.com
Indylend connects Indianapolis residents with nationwide payday and installment loans. Annual percentage rates range from 200% to 1386% for payday loans and from 6% to 225% for installment loans. Indy Check & Loan does not perform a credit check to assess the borrower’s solvency. Customers can apply for loans from $100 to $5,000, and the precise amount and APR are determined upon approval.
- Address: 3719 E. 38th St., Indianapolis, IN 46218
- Phone: (317) 377-1627
- Website: indylend.com
Are payday loans legal in Indiana?
Payday lending is legal in the state of Indiana. It is one of the 34 states where payday lending is still legal. Indiana does not control the industry heavily, however, there are some restrictions.
Payday loans in Indiana became legal in the 1990s and they are still legal and popular today. Average APR rates in the state are still very high and can reach triple-digit numbers. It is mostly due to extremely short cooling-off periods between payday loans (seven days after the sixth consecutive loan) and a large number of possible consecutive loans (six). Such terms make constant re-borrowing legal and real, and this results in high-interest rates.
In general, the Indiana payday loan laws are considered uncomplicated and easy to understand.
Indiana payday lending statutes
Payday loans in Indiana are currently legal and regulated by Ind. Code Ann. § 24-4.5-7-101 et seq., the Uniform Consumer Credit Code — Small Loans.
Indiana payday loan regulations
- Minimum loan amount: $50
- Maximum loan amount: $550 (or 20% of monthly gross income)
- Minimum loan term: 14 days
- Rollovers: Not allowed
- Number of outstanding loans allowed per lender: 1 (from up to 2 lenders at a time)
- Cooling-off period: 7 days after 6 consecutive loans
- Finance charges: 15% on first $250; 13% on next $150; 10% on final $150
- Collection fees: 1 $25 NSF fee per due date
- Criminal action: Banned
Maximum loan amount in Indiana
Lenders in Indiana can’t offer payday loans that exceed $550 or 20% of the person’s gross monthly income.
Americans can only have one payday loan from any specific lender at a time.
Rates, fees and other charges in Indiana
The Indiana laws also regulate finance fees charged by payday lenders. According to them:
- Payday lenders cannot charge more than 15% for a loan.
- If a loan amount is $401 to $550, the finance fee cannot be over 10%; if it is a $251 to $400 loan, the finance fee cannot exceed 13%, loans of $0 to $250 are typically the most expensive – the finance fee is 15%.
Payday loan terms in Indiana
- The maximum payday loan term in Indiana is not specified. However, as the law defines, payday loans in this state should be paid off in a period of not shorter than 2 weeks (14 days).
- Rollovers are prohibited but a borrower can request 3 extensions provided that the latter is unable to pay back the debt in time. If a borrower is still unable to repay the loan within these extensions’ period, a lender should offer an extended repayment plan with no extra fees.
- A borrower can take out another payday loan only after seven days counting from the last six consecutive payday loans.
Who is eligible for a payday loan in Indiana?
Eligibility criteria in Indiana vary between lenders, but you will surely need to be 18 years or older, a US citizen or permanent resident and have a stable source of income to qualify for a loan.
Loan providers may need your Social Security number and your employment/income information in order to assess your creditworthiness. If you fill out an application form online, lenders typically need access to your checking account in order to deposit the funds and debit your payments.
Where can I get a payday loan in Indiana?
You can get a payday loan anywhere in the state, from Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, South Bend, and Evansville to Connersville, Converse and Southport. The list includes:
- Crown Point
- East Chicago
- Fort Wayne
- Highland town
- La Porte
- Michigan City
- New Albany
- New Castle
- South Bend
- St. John
- Terre Haute
- West Lafayette
Things to consider before getting a payday loan in Indiana
Before you apply for a loan, check if you meet the borrower requirements (see above) and also make sure you can afford to make the repayments on time.
If you are unable to pay back your payday loan on time, the lender may add interest. Defaulting on your loan may also hurt your credit score. You’d better thnk carefully about how much you really need to borrow before starting the application process.
A borrower can be charged only one non-sufficient funds (NSF) fee not exceeding $20 for a payday loan.
Any criminal actions against borrowers are banned in Indiana.
Indiana Department of Financial Institutions
- Address: 30 S Meridian St #300, Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Phone: 800-382-4880 or 317-232-3955
- Fax: 317-232-7655
- Website: https://www.in.gov/