Current Payday Lenders in Kansas – Terms, Rates, Legislation
When you’re in need of instant cash to get through a gap in the budget or an unforeseen expense, you may consider taking out a short-term payday loan. It can be a good option. Read about the laws and regulations surrounding payday lending in the state of Kansas.
The list of payday loan lenders in Kansas
Money ‘N Minutes
Money N Minutes specialize in lending quick payday loans online at low interest rates. It is fast and easy to apply online or in-person.
- Address: 12705 S Mur-Len, Suite A-3 Olathe, KS, 66062
- Phone: 913-764-0055
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://moneynminutes.com/
Cash Central is a direct online lender that offers a speedy application and fast funding process. The company offers online payday and short-term installment loans in most of the states of USA, including Kansas. The company offers payday loans up to $800 and installment loans up to $5,000.
- Address: 2601 North Lamar Boulevard, Austin, Texas 78705-4207
- Phone: 1-800-460-4305
- Website: https://www.cashcentral.com/
Credit Ninja offers short-term cash advance loans with loan fees ranging from $62.5 to $125. The company offers personal loans with a speedy application process, and the funds may hit your account within 24 hours.
- Tel: +1 855 646 5201
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 27 North Wacker Drive, Suite 404 Chicago, Illinois 60606 United States
- Website: https://www.creditninja.com/
ACE Cash Express
ACE Cash Express offers payday loans in 8 states, including Kansas, with loan amounts ranging between $255 and $1,500 and title loans in 7 states with amounts ranging between $200 and $5,000. You can choose to get money immediately in-store or the following business day with easy online applications. The lender offers 72-hour guarantee.
- Address: 1017 E Coliseum Blvd, Fort Wayne, IN 46805
- Phone: +1 260-484-0099
- Website: https://www.acecashexpress.com/
Net Pay Advance
Net Pay Advance is a licensed direct lender in California, Texas, and Kansas. You can apply online for a short-term payday loan right from your smartphone!
- Address: 6820 W Central Ave, Wichita, Kansas, 67212, United States
- Phone: https://www.netpayadvance.com/
- Website: https://www.netpayadvance.com/
LendNation stores offer financial service and credit solutions to people in more than 250 locations across the USA. You can get the cash you need fast, easy and all in one place.
- Address: 7925 State Ave Suites 106 & 107, Kansas City, KS 66112, United States
- Phone: +1 913-788-4900
- Website: https://www.lendnation.com/
Check `n Go
Check ‘n Go issues payday loan across the United States. The lender provides borrowers with quick and easy payday loans that are unsecured short-term cash advances.
- Phone: (800) 561-2274
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 7755 Montgomery Road Suite 400 Cincinnati, OH 45236
- Website: https://www.checkngo.com/
RISE Credit offers quick, online cash options for financial emergencies and more. The company guarantees instant online approval process and competitive rates. You can borrow up to $5,000. RISE Credit loans are designed for poor-credit borrowers.
- Address: P.O. Box 679900, Dallas, TX 75267-990
- Phone: (866)-580-1226
- Website: https://www.risecredit.com/
Check Into Cash
Check Into Cash is a national leader in direct lending, providing customers with affordable, short term, small dollar credit solutions. The lender has over 1,100 stores in 30 states. The company was founded in 1993.
- Phone: (423) 479-2400
- Address: 201 Keith Street Southwest Suite 80 Cleveland, TN 37311 USA
- Website: https://checkintocash.com/
- Email: email@example.com
MoneyKey is a popular online lender and servicer that offers short-term, unsecured loans and lines of credit to consumers through a safe, fast and secure application form.
- Address: 1000 N West Street Suite 1200, Wilmington, DE 19801
- Phone: 1-866-255-1668
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.moneykey.com/
Check City is a diversified financial services company. Their services include cash advances, payday loans, check cashing, installment loans, and more.
- Address: 2474 North University Avenue Provo, UT 84604 USA
- Phone: (866) 294-4672
- Website: https://www.checkcity.com/
Snappy Payday Loans
Snappy Payday Loans is an online marketplace matching potential borrowers with trusted payday lenders, allowing you access to the short-term financing you need.
- Address: 398 Dania Beach Blvd #468 Dania Beach, FL 33004
- Phone: (844) 390-0450
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.snappypaydayloans.com/
Advance America is a lender that offers payday loans, installment loans, title loans and lines of credit. The lender has online and in-store services in 27 states and delivers the loans you qualify for within 24 hours.
- Address: 4142 W 167th St Ste 6, Oak Forest, IL
- Phone: 1 877 505 0701
- Website: https://www.advanceamerica.net/
NHCash offers online loans across the United States. There is no minimum credit requirement, and you may be able to get your funds deposited the same day.
- Address: 169 South River Road, Suite #19 Bedford, New Hampshire, 03110
- Phone: 1-888-NHCASH0
- Text: 1.888.642.2740
- Fax: 1-855-871-1230
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.nhcash.com/
Cashback Loans America
Cashback Loans America is a fast and easy direct payday loan lender. You can apply online and get the money instantly.
- Address: email@example.com
- Phone: (855)-222-4112
- Website: 20343 N Hayden Rd Suite 105-333 Scottsdale AZ 85255
Are payday loans legal in Kansas?
Yes. Payday lending is legal in Kansas. It is one of the thirty or states that still allow the payday loan industry to issue payday loans largely unchecked within their borders.
Kansas was one of the first states to start regulating the payday lending industry on the state level. The legislature act was introduced in 1993 (and changed in 2004), and it still governs the payday loan industry in Kansas. Today, Kansas legislative bodies are discussing certain restrictive changes, however, no changed have been made in recent years so far.
Kansas payday loan regulations
- Maximum loan amount: $500
- Maximum Interest Rate (APR): 782% (on a 7-day loan)
- Minimum loan term: 7 days
- Maximum loan term: 30 days
- Rollovers: Not allowed
- Number of outstanding loans allowed: 2 per lender
- Cooling-off period: Lenders can’t give more than 3 loans to a single borrower within 30 days
- Finance charges: 15% of the amount of the payday loan. Late charges not exceeding 3% per month for balances outstanding after the maturity date.
- Collection fees: 1 non-sufficient funds (NSF) fee not exceeding $30
- Criminal action: Banned
Kansas payday lending statutes
Kansas Statutes §16a-2-404 and §16a-2-405 describes all the detail about payday loan law and regulations and govern the activities of all lenders in the state. KSA 16a-2-404 is the most important payday lending statute, and KSA 16a-2-405 is linked to military borrowers only. The Kansas Legislative Research Department provides more legislative information about Kansas payday loan industry.
The law obliges each lender to keep track of all payday loan issued to customers. In additioan, Section 16a-2-404(4) in the Statute also defines that a payday lending agreement must be written in the language both parties understand (1 or 2 languages); there is also a print type requirement: 10 point bold face type for the following warning:
“Kansas law does not permit licensed lenders and their affiliates to have more than two loans outstanding with a borrower at one time. Any amounts owed are not to be divided into multiple loans as a means of increasing fees paid to the lender”.
Payday loan amount in Kansas
- In Kansas, a payday loan provider is not allowed to provide more than a $500 payday loan at a time.
- A borrower can receive no more than 2 outstanding loans at a time.
Rates, fees and other charges in Kansas
- Payday loan providers cannot charge more than 15% of the amount borrowed: A lender cannot charge over 15% of the amount they lend according to §16a-2-404.
- The APR on any $100 payday loan that is issued for 14 days is not permitted to be over 390%.
However, real APR in the state of Kansas can be as high as 391% for the average $300 payday loan.
The maximum term for a payday loan in Kansas
You cannot take out a payday loan for longer than 30 days in Kansas. The minimum payday loan amount in the state is 7 days, but the average loan term is 2 weeks or 14 days.
Kansas payday loan providers cannot offer refinances or rollovers to their customers. The borrower can’t pay off a loan that falls under Statute 404 with another payday loan from the same lender. Obviously, borrowers can always get a loan from another lender and extend the repayment term for the desired period.
What is the statute of limitations on a payday loan in Kansas?
A statute of limitations is a rule of law that restricts how much time can pass before initiating a lawsuit and start proceedings. When this period expires, courts can no longer enforce orders against the borrower to pay the outstanding balance.
In the state of Kansas, the statute of limitations in payday loans is 5 (five) years.
- Lenders are allowed to charge only one NSF fee.
- The Kansas law prohibits any criminal actions against borrowers.
Kansas Office of the State Bank Commissioner
- Address: 700 SW Jackson St #300, Topeka, KS 66603
- Phone: 785-296-2266
- Website: https://www.osbckansas.org/