Current Payday Lenders in Mississippi – Terms, Rates, Legislation
When you have to pay an unforeseen bill or your car breaks down suddenly, you might be considering a payday loan. The laws in Mississippi help protect the state residents from predatory lenders, so we recommend that you familiarize yourself with how the regulations work before you apply for a loan.
The list of payday loan lenders in Mississippi
Cash Central is a legit online lender that offers easy online application and quick funding process. The lender focuses on online payday and short-term installment loans in most of the states of USA, including Mississippi. The company offers payday loans up to $800 and installment loans up to $5,000.
- Address: 2601 North Lamar Boulevard, Austin, Texas 78705-4207
- Phone: 1-800-460-4305
- Website: https://www.cashcentral.com/
Check Into Cash
Check Into Cash is another reliable leader that offers affordable short-term, small dollar credit solutions across the United States. The company focuses on cash advances, online payday advances, and more.
- Tel: (423) 479-2400
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 201 Keith Street Southwest Suite 80 Cleveland, TN 37311 USA
- Website: https://checkintocash.com/
Payday Champion is a popualr online lender that has been offering payday loans for over 10 years. Their loans help people with less than perfect credit scores solve their money difficulties. Their loans are frequently used to deal with an emergency.
- Tel: +1 800-456-3496
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 412 Main St. #420. Houston, TX 77002
- Website: https://www.paydaychampion.com/
Dollar Hand is a loan matchinh service that refers your loan request to oveor 50 trusted lenders who can offer you a quick loan for whatever needs. They work with people having good or poor credit in Mississippi and other states. With Dollar Hand, you can borrow cash to cover emergency bills or make an important purchase.
- Tel: (323) 638-2296
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 5723 Morgan Ave, Los Angeles, California(CA), 90011
- Website: https://dollarhand.com/
RISE Credit offers speedy, online cash options for various types of emergencies. The company advertises instant online approval process and affordable rates. With RISE Credit, you can borrow up to $5,000. Their loans are frequently used by bad-credit borrowers.
- Address: P.O. Box 679900, Dallas, TX 75267-990
- Phone: (866)-580-1226
- Website: https://www.risecredit.com/
LendNation stores offer payday loans to consumers in over 250 locations across the country. In Mississippi, you can borrow the cash you need fast and easy. The process is straigtforward.
- Address: 7925 State Ave Suites 106 & 107, Kansas City, KS 66112, United States
- Phone: +1 913-788-4900
- Website: https://www.lendnation.com/
CashOne is an online platform that helps people get easyand short-term payday loans. It provides an online payday loan up to $1,000.00. The company has more than 120 direct payday lenders, many offer tribal payday loans.
- Address 539 Commerce Street, Suite 1461, Dallas, Texas 75208
- Website https://slickcashloan.com/
- Phone number 1-(844)-514-1126
- Email email@example.com
A1 Payday Loans
A1 Payday Loans is a company that provides quick cash loans in Mississippi. Here you can get a cash advance or no credit loan easily in 4 locations across the state. They also offer affordable installment loans with monthly payments.
- Address: 5319 I-55 North Frontage Rd STE B Jackson 39206
- Phone: 601-366-4881
- Website: https://a1paydayloans.net/
MoneyKey is a legit online lender and servicer that offers short-term, unsecured loans and lines of credit to Americans through a safe, fast and secure application form.
- Address: 1000 N West Street Suite 1200, Wilmington, DE 19801
- Phone: 1-866-255-1668
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.moneykey.com/
Green Day Online is a reputable lender with an extensive experience in providing various loan types to Mississippi residents. With quick and easy payday loans, you can borrow money online.
- Tel: (800) 424-2789
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 5050 Quorum Drive Dallas, Texas 75254 18851 NE 29th Avenue Aventura, FL 33180
- Website: https://greendayonline.com/
Speedy Cash is one of the most popular payday loan providers in the USA. It’s licensed to issue loans in Mississippi. Here you can get loans in the amount ranging from $100 to $5,000, quickly and easily.
- Address P.O. Box #780408 Wichita, KS 67278
- Website speedycash.com
- Phone number 1-888-333-1360
- Email CustomerService@SpeedyCash.com
Check `n Go
Check ‘n Go is a well-known lender that works in many states. The company has over 1,000 locations all across the country and also offers loans online. It offers short-term payday loans, installment loans, cash advances, check cashing, and other products.
- Website: https://www.checkngo.com/
- Phone number: (800) 561-2274
- Address: 6576 Old Winter Garden Rd. Orlando FL
Pheabs is an online loan matchinh platform, helping consumers across the United States find the best lender for their unique needs.
- Phone: 1-(855)-884-6510
- Address: 515 E Las Olas Boulevard, Suite 120, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://pheabs.com/
Credit Ninja offers short-term cash advance loans. It offers personal loans with a speedy online application process, and the money may reach your account within 24 hours.
- Tel: +1 855 646 5201
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 27 North Wacker Drive, Suite 404 Chicago, Illinois 60606 United States
- Website: https://www.creditninja.com/
Advance America is another trusted lender that offers payday loans, installment loans, title loans and lines of credit. The company provides online and in-store services in many US states and transfers the funds into your bank account within 24 hours.
- Address: 4142 W 167th St Ste 6, Oak Forest, IL
- Phone: 1 877 505 0701
- Website: https://www.advanceamerica.net/
MayBeLoan is a recognized loan connection platform that helps people get access to various financial offers. Here you can apply for online payday loans, installment loans, personal loans, bad credit loans, and cash advance.
- Website: https://maybeloan.com/
- Address: 901 Travis St, Houston, TX, USA
- Email: info@MaybeLoan.com
What are the payday loan laws in Mississippi?
Payday loans are legal in the state of Mississippi. The regulations are pretty relaxed. However, there are some limitations regarding the loan amount and possible charges.
Payday lending in Mississippi is regulated by Mississippi Code Ann. 75-67-501 et seq. Payday loans in this state are officially known as “delayed-deposit transactions”. You can either apply for a payday loan or cash a check/money order.
Below is a brief description of payday loan charges and fees in Mississippi:
|Payday Loan amount||Loan term||Financing fees||Collection fees|
|Loans under $250||30 days||$20 per every $100 borrowed||$30 NSF fee|
|Loans for $250||28-30 days||$21.95 per every $100 borrowed||$30 NSF fee|
- The APR on a 2-week $100 is 520%
How must does a payday loan cost in Mississippi?
The interest rates and fees you’ll be charged in this state vary depending on how much you decide to borrow. Keep in mind that payday loan APRs in this state may reach the triple digits. For example, the APR on a 2-week $100 loan is about 520%.
Besides, in Mississippi, payday lenders are allowed to offer check cashing services.
- Personal checks: $5 or 10% of the check value, whichever is greater
- Checks issued by the federal or state government: $5 or 3% of the check value, whichever is greater
- Money orders: $5 or 5% of the check value, whichever is greater
Stay informed that payday loans come with high interest rates and fees, so make sure you know the total loan cost, that’s the original amount you borrow plus the interest.
Payday loan amount in Mississippi
The maximum payday loan amout in Mississippi is $500.
According to the Mississippi Check Cashers Act, the lender cannot write a check for over $500. Thus, if you apply for a $500 loan in this state, the maximum amount you can receive is $410. Thus, $500 is the total loan cost, $410 is the actual amount you get, and $90 is a fee charged by the lender.
The state law allows more than one payday loan at a time; however, the total amount may still not be over $500.
The maximum term for a payday loan in Mississippi
Loans less than $250 cannot be issued for no longer than 30 days, and loans up to $500 cannot be issued for no longer than for 28-30 days – after this period, the loan should be paid off.
Rollovers, renewals or extensions are prohibited in the state.
How to apply for a payday loan in MS
Applying for a cash advance loan is fast and easy if you have all the information required by the lender. You’ll need to be 18 years of age or older, be a US citizen or permanent resident and have a stable income. Lenders typically require the following details:
- Personal details. Your name, Social Security number, home address, email, and phone number.
- Banking details. Your account number and bank’s routing number.
- Employment details. Your place of work, length of employment, and your income size.
Payday loan alternatives in Mississippi
Before you apply for a payday loan, it is worth considering other options. Mississippi has different programs to help low-income residents. For instance, you may qualify for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). These programs can help you cover your basic everyday expenses while you struggle to repay your debt, instead of using a payday loan which can drive you into a deeper debt trap.
Where can I get a payday loan in Mississippi?
Payday loan stores are located throughout the state of Mississippi, including in the following cities:
- Olive Branch
- Horn Lake
- Ocean Springs
- Long Beach
- Bay St. Louis
- Before you take out a loan, analyze your current financial situation. Don’t borrow more than you really need. It is easy to get into a debt trap.
- If you are unable to pay back a payday loan, a lender can charge one $30 NSF fee. In rare cases, you may be also charged court fees in case of disclosure.
- In Mississippi, any criminal actions against borrowers are prohibited.
- Borrowers are obliged to repay a loan. All the fraudulent actions committed by borrowers will be surely reported to the Department and the District Attorney for the Judicial District.
Mississippi Department of Banking and Consumer Finance
Address: P.O. Box 12129, Jackson, MS 39236-2129