Current Payday Lenders in Louisiana – Terms, Rates, Legislation
It’s easy to find yourself in a sticky financial situation. Whether it’s a vehicle repair, an emergency medical bill or just needing help buying groceries, a short-term loan, also referred to as a payday loan, may be a great option to get extra cash.
The list of payday loan lenders in Louisiana
ACE Cash Express
ACE Cash Express is a leading financial services provider. The company has been helping consumers since 1968. They offer short-term loans, check cashing, prepaid debit cards, and other products.
- Phone: 1-866-223-2274
- Address: 300 E John Carpenter Fwy Ste 900, Irving, Texas, 75062, United States
- Website: https://www.acecashexpress.com/
Cash Central is a direct lender that offers online installment loans ranging from $300 to $5,000. The company offers instant approval and fast funding process.
- Website: https://www.cashcentral.com/
- Phone number: 1-800-460-4305
- Address: 84 E 2400 N, North Logan, Utah, 84341, United States
- Email: email@example.com
Check Into Cash
Check Into Cash is another popular leader that offers short-term loan options. Their products include cash advances, online payday loans, and more.
- Website: https://checkintocash.com/
- Phone number: (423) 479-2400
- Address: 5430 Dogwood Dr, Milton, FL 32570
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pheabs is a new loan connection service that offers a straightforward online application form and easy access to direct lenders across the USA that offer up to $35,000.
- Website: https://pheabs.com/
- Phone number: 1-855-884-6510
- Address: 515 E Las Olas Boulevard Suite 120. Fort Lauderdale FL 33301
- Email: email@example.com
Lending Bear is a good option for people who need speedy cash but do not have time to wait for a loan from another financial institution. The lender has been operating since 2006. The company offers easy online access to money, and their customers can receive their funds within a couple of minutes or hours.
- Phone: +1-334-702-1600\
- Address: 2207 Montgomery Hwy, Dothan, AL 36303, United States
- Website: https://www.lendingbear.com/
LendNation is a popular company that offers loans to borrowers in 250+ locations across the country. You can get the money you need quickly, easiky and all in one place.
- Address: 7925 State Ave Suites 106 & 107, Kansas City, KS 66112, United States
- Phone: +1 913-788-4900
- Website: https://www.lendnation.com/
AdvanceSOS is a loan referral service that are here to help you get fast cash advances for various types of emergencies. The lender helps in connecting trusted lenders and potential borrowers.
- Tel: +1 (918) 544-52-99
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 812 E Central Ave, Miami, OK 74354
- Website: https://advancesos.com/
OpenCashAdvance is a loan connection service that offers a fast and simple loan application to connect consumers to trustworthy direct lenders. The company has already helped over 1,000,000 people since 2015. The lender also works with customers who have less than perfect credit scores.
- Phone: +1+844-675-7424
- Website: https://opencashadvance.com/
- Address: 30 N GOULD ST, STE R, Sheridan, WY 82801
Dime Alley is an online loan connection service that can offer short-term payday loans within 1 hour, as soon as the same day or following working day.
- Website: https://dimealley.com/
- Phone number: 1-855-884-6510
- Address: 7072 Cedarwood Dr. Los Angeles, CA 90006, United States
- Email: email@example.com
Capital Bean is an online loan agent that operate across the USA. It offers a 100% online process so that you can get an instant approval decision and funding as soon as the same day or the next business day. With Capital Bean, you can borrow somewhere betwwen $100 and $35,000.
- Address: 7073 Cedarwood Dr. Los Angeles, CA 90006, United States
- Phone: 1-855-884-6520
- Website: https://capitalbean.com/
CashOne provides a speedy and stress-free way to apply for a short-term payday loan online in order to cover your emergency bills.
- Phone number: 844-514-1126
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.cashone.com/
Advance America is a direct lender offering loans online and in store. It has a hassle-free application process. To apply for a cash advance loan online, you just need to visit the lender’s website.
- Phone: +1-334-687-3103
- Website: https://www.advanceamerica.net/
- Address: 1745 S Eufaula Ave, Eufaula, AL 36027, United States
Cash Cow has easy title loans or payday loans! To borrow cash, you just need to fill out an easy online form. Bad credit is no problem.
- Phone: (504) 517-9898
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 3233 Williams Blvd. Kenner, LA 70065
- Website: https://cashcowlouisiana.com/
Cash 2 U
Cash 2 U serves our Louisiana customers and neighbors for 20+ years. The company provides direct lending through their extensive network of legit local payday loan stores. The company has been operating since back in 1997.
- Phone: 855-229-4414
- Email: gethelp@Cash2ULA.com
- Address: 1400 Cooper Lake Rd, Bastrop, Louisiana, 71220 US
- Website: https://cash2ula.com/
Are payday loans legal in Louisiana?
Louisiana is one of the many states in the United States where payday loans are still legit. There are some minor limitations, but lenders can still charge very high interest rates.
As a result, many Louisiana residents find themselves in debt traps. In fact, Louisiana is one of the worst states for cash advance loans in the USA. It ranks #5 for the most payday loan complaints per capita.
Louisiana payday loan regulations
- Maximum loan amount: $350
- Maximum Interest Rate (APR): 697.41% on a 14-day loan of $100
- Minimum loan term: Not defined
- Maximum loan term: 30 days
- Number of rollovers allowed: None unless the borrower pays 25% of the advance + fees
- Number of outstanding loans allowed: Any
- Installment option: Once every 12 months
- Cooling-off period: Not allowed
- Finance charges: 16.75% of the advanced amount capped at $45, + one $10 documentation fee. Once in default, 36% interest for the first year and 18% for the second year. A lender is allowed to charge one non-sufficient funds (NSF) fee.
- Criminal action: Not allowed
The maximum loan amount in Louisiana
Payday lenders in the states of LA can only offer loans with principal balances up to $350. This amount is less than average, as many US states allow up to $500 in payday loans.
The maximum term for a payday loan in Louisiana
The maximum term for a payday loan in Louisiana is 30 days. However, you can enter into an installment repayment plan for a cash advance loan once every 12 months.
Borrowers can repay the loan in equal monthly installments, and the borrower can make the early payment without penalty at any time. To initiate a payment plan, you must request it in writing before the initial due date.
If a payment plan is not available, you can also roll your loan over and enter into a new agreement by paying 25% of the principal amount + the finance charges.
Rates, fees, and other charge limits in Louisiana
By the Louisiana law, lenders can charge no more than 16.75% of a payday loan’s principal amount in fees, though they can’t charge over $45 in total.
Besides, payday lenders can charge a documentation fee not exceeding $10. This means you can pay no more than $55 for a cash advance loan in the state of Louisiana.
If you do not repay your payday loan on time, payday lenders may start accruing interest on the outstanding amount. You can be charged up to 36% during the first year and 18% during the second year.
You lender can also charge one non-sufficient funds (NSF) fee.
Louisiana payday lending statutes
Louisiana Deferred Presentment and Small Loan Act, or La. Stat. Ann. 9:3578.1 et seq., governs the industry.
Additional payday loan regulations include:
- LL 02-01 Sale and Financing of Club Memberships Policy
- LL 01-04 Records Retention Schedule
- Title 9: Chapter 2-A. Deferred Presentment and Small Loan Act
- Records Retention Rule for Non-depository Institutions
In order to do business in Louisiana LA, payday lenders are required to be licensed with the Louisiana Office of Financial Institutions (OFI).
Rates, fees and other charges in Louisiana, LA
- Licensed lenders are allowed to apply a fee not exceeding 16.75% of the check being provided to a borrower as stated by La. Stat. Ann. 9:3578.1 et seq.
- A lender may apply a $10 documentation charge, 16.75% maximum of the amount being borrowed, or a maximum fee of $45.
- A $100 loan issued for 2 weeks is subject to finance charges not exceeding $30.
The annual Percentage Rate (APR) in the state can reach 391% for the average $300 payday loan.
Am I eligible for a payday loan in Louisiana?
It is easy to qualify for a payday loan in Louisiana LA – you just need to meet a few basic conditions:
- You must be a U.S. resident or a permanent resident.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You need to have a permanent income and make at least $800 per month.
- You must have an open, valid, active checking account in your name.
What is the statute of limitations on a payday loan in Louisiana?
The statute of limitations is a law that sets the amount of time on how long a party has to take legal action. If enough time has passed, then the statute of limitations means that lenders can no longer sue borrowers for their debts.
In the state of Louisiana, the statute of limitations for payday loans is 10 (ten) years.
Where can I get a payday loan in Louisiana, LA?
- Baton Rouge
- Bayou Blue
- Bayou Cane
- Belle Chasse
- Bossier City
- Lake Charles
- Morgan City
- Moss Bluff
- New Iberia
- New Orleans
- River Ridge
- West Monroe
Louisiana Office of Financial Institutions
- Mailing Address: P.O. Box 94095, Baton Rouge, LA 70804-9095
- Address: 8660 United Plaza Blvd 2nd Floor, Baton Rouge, LA 70809
- Phone: 225-925-4660
- Fax: 225-925-4524
- Website: http://www.ofi.state.la.us/