Current Payday Lenders in Florida – Terms, Rates, Legislation
The discussions over the necessity and decency of payday loans (or cash advance loans) has been going on for many years, but they’re still legal and extremely popular in most states of the United States. Unfortunately, each state has its own laws and regulations regarding payday loans and they all take a different approach. Here’s what you should know about how the Florida payday loan laws work.
The list of payday loan lenders in Florida
Lending Bear is a state-licensed provider of payday loans in the state of Florida. They offer online payday loans, title loans, pawn loans & installment loans for your short term personal financing needs.
- Website: https://www.lendingbear.com/
- Phone number: (855) 285-5700
- Address: Orange Park, FL 32073 at 1345 Park Ave
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cash Central is a direct online lender that offers to take out installment loans ranging from $300 to $5,000. They offer a fast online application and fast funding process.
- Website: https://www.cashcentral.com/
- Phone number: 1-800-460-4305
- Address: 84 E 2400 N, North Logan, Utah, 84341, United States
- Email: email@example.com
Check `n Go
Check ‘n Go is a storefront and online lender that works in many states. It has about 1,000 locations all across the U.S. The company offers payday loans, installment loans, cash advances, check cashing and more.
- Website: https://www.checkngo.com/
- Phone number: (800) 561-2274
- Address: 6576 Old Winter Garden Rd. Orlando FL
Cash in a Moment provides quick cash loan online easily. It is an online payday loan connection service with an extensive network of direct licensed lenders who provide financial assistance to people in need of instant cash.
- Website: https://www.cashinamoment.com/
- Phone number: 888-839-0987
- Address: 113 Skyler Ln, Phoenix, OR 97535
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check Into Cash
Check Into Cash is a national leader that offers short-term loan options. They provide fast cash advances, online payday loans, and more.
- Website: https://checkintocash.com/
- Phone number: (423) 479-2400
- Address: 5430 Dogwood Dr, Milton, FL 32570
- Email: email@example.com
Pheabs is a new matching service that offers a quick online application form and fast access to direct lenders in Florida and other states that offer up to $35,000.
- Website: https://pheabs.com/
- Phone number: 1-855-884-6510
- Address: 515 E Las Olas Boulevard Suite 120. Fort Lauderdale FL 33301
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Capital Bean offers a loan referral service for residents of the US. They offer a speedy way to borrow cash online in multiple states.
- Website: https://capitalbean.com/
- Phone number: 1-855-884-6520
- Address: 7073 Cedarwood Dr. Los Angeles, CA 90006, United States
- Email: email@example.com
Dime Alley is an online loan matching service that can offer payday loans within 1 hour, as soon as the same day or next business day.
- Website: https://dimealley.com/
- Phone number: 1-855-884-6510
- Address: 7072 Cedarwood Dr. Los Angeles, CA 90006, United States
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Cash Advance was founded in 2015. This company matches people with a licensed cash lender and helps get payday loans and investment loans.
- Website: https://opencashadvance.com/
- Phone number: 1 (844) 675-7424
- Address: 30 N GOULD ST, STE R, Sheridan, WY 82801
- Email: email@example.com
Second Chance Payday Loans
Second Chance Payday Loans is an online lender that helps you get payday loans instantly. You’re welcome to apply for a bad credit payday loan online around the clock.
- Website: https://secondchancesfl.org/
- Phone number: (786) 442-2592
- Address: 6520 US Hwy 41, West Miami, FL 33144
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
AdvanceSOS is an online connection service that helps applicants find trusted and reputable payday lenders.
- Website: https://advancesos.com/
- Phone number: +1 (918) 544-52-99
- Address: 812 E Central Ave, Miami, OK 74354
- Email: email@example.com.
CashOne provides a quick and hassle-free way to apply for a payday loan online in order to deal with your short-term expenses.
- Website: http://cashone.com/
- Phone number: 844-514-1126
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advance America is a large lender that offers quick online loans and in-person lending at 1,400+ physical locations. It offers payday loans, installment loans, title loans and lines of credit to customers with any credit types.
- Website: https://www.advanceamerica.net/
- Phone number: (844)562-6480
- Address: 15560 US 441 South, Ste. 150. Alachua, FL 32615
- Email: email@example.com
Dollar Hand is an online lending platform, helping people across the US to find a short term lender that best suits their financial needs.
- Website: https://dollarhand.com/
- Phone number: (323) 638-2296
- Address: 5723 Morgan Ave, Los Angeles, California(CA), 90011
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1F Cash Advance
1F Cash Advance is an online connection platform that helps you find a reliable lender who provides people with quick and convenient payday loans online.
- Website: https://1firstcashadvance.org/
- Phone number: (888) 847-2909
- Address: 1942 Broadway St., STE 314C Boulder, CO 80302
- Email: email@example.com
MayBeLoan is an independent online platform that aims to provide a large amount of financial offers.
- Website: https://maybeloan.com/
- Address: 901 Travis St, Houston, TX, USA
- Email: info@MaybeLoan.com
PaydayChampion is here to help you out through online short-term payday loans. You can access their services with just a few clicks, from the comfort of your home.
- Website: https://www.paydaychampion.com/
- Phone number: (800) 456-3496
- Address: 412 Main St. #420 Houston, TX 77002
Payday lending status in Florida: Legal
Payday loans are legal in Florida. Payday lenders are no allowed to charge more than borrowers can afford. The state restricts interest rates and gives people the time they need to repay their loans.
The state also limits the payday loan amount of money people can get, however, interest rates are high.
Loan terms, debt limits, and collection limits in Florida
|Maximum loan amount||$500|
|Interest rate (APR)||391% on a 14-day $100 loan|
|Minimum loan term||7 days|
|Maximum loan term||31 days|
|Number of rollovers allowed||None|
|Number of outstanding loans allowed||1|
|Cooling-off period||24 hours|
|Installment||Yes; up to $1,000 with terms ranging between 60 and 90 days|
|Finance charges||10% of the loan amount + a $5 verification fee for single payment loans. No more than 8% of the outstanding balance biweekly, + a $5 verification fee|
|Collection fees||Non-sufficient funds (NSF) fees only|
Maximum loan amount in Florida
The state allows both traditional payday loans (repaid in a lump sum) and installment payday loans (repaid in fixed payments, or installments). In Florida, such loans are also known as deferred presentment transactions and deferred presentment installment transactions, respectively.
The maximum payday loan amount in Florida is $500. Practically, Florida law limits the face amount of the check you deposit with the loan provider to $500, excluding the finance charges. The maximum amount for an installment payday loan with a repayment term ranging from 60 to 90 days is $1,000.
What is the statute of limitations on a payday loan in Florida?
The statute of limitations on debt is the length of time that debt collectors have to sue you to collect old debts. If you do not pay back your payday loan for longer than the statute of limitations, you can use the age of the debt to defend a lawsuit.
In the state of Florida, the statute of limitations on payday loans is usually five years.
Rates, fees, and other charges in Florida
In Florida, payday lenders are allowed to charge a fee of 10% of the total loan amount. In addition, lenders have the right to charge verification fees that are marked as costs – they cannot exceed $5 for each loan. This is not an APR, but the rate that is being charged for the particular loan. For instance, a 7-day payday loan of $100 with a 10% fee would cost $10 plus the verification fee for the 7-day period. This 10% fee equals to an APR in over 500%.
The maximum term for a payday loan in Florida
The maximum repayment term for a traditional payday loan in Florida is 31 days. For an installment payday loan, the maximum repayment term is 90 days.
Rollovers are not allowed in Florida, so it’s a little more difficult for payday lenders to catch you in a debt trap.
The minimum terms for traditional payday loans are 7 days. The minimum terms for installment payday loans are 60 days.
How many loans can a customer have outstanding at once?
In the state of Florida, you can have only one outstanding payday loan at a time. These loans are recorded in a statewide database, so it is important to make sure that the customer has only one payday loan. Once the loan is repaid, you can apply for another payday loan after 24 hours.
If you can’t repay your loan on time, the lender is obliged to provide a 60-day grace period without extra fees. For this, you need to make an appointment with a Consumer Credit Counseling Service within a week and complete the counseling within the 60-day grace period.
How does the collection process work under Florida regulations?
If the borrower is unable to make payment on the due date specified in the agreement, the payday lender is not allowed to take criminal action against the borrower. The lender is allowed to demand payment but costs are limited to the 10% fee, the $5 cost, and any bad check fees imposed by a particular bank. Additionally, the lender cannot charge any additional costs if and unless a lawsuit is filed and additional costs are imposed by the court. In this situation, the lender has the right to seek to recover interest on its judgment, but it is limited to the judgment rate in Florida generally and not a rate based on the payday loan fee.
- You should always check the license of a payday lender you work with.
- Payday loans are available both to the residents of Florida and to those who think of moving to this state.
- Criminal charges are not allowed and a payday lender cannot take any criminal or illegal actions against the borrower who is unable to pay off the loan.
- The Florida Office of Financial Regulation controls the payday loan services industry in Florida. Its purpose is to protect consumers, provide a safe financial marketplace, and develop the state’s economy through honest regulation.
- Payday loan providers are licensed and regulated by the Division of Consumer Finance. It also regulates collection agencies and title loan companies.
Florida Office of Financial Regulation
- Address: 200 E. Gaines St. Tallahassee, FL 32399
- Phone: (850) 487-9687
- Fax: (850) 410-9663
- Link to website: https://flofr.gov/