Current Payday Lenders in Illinois – Terms, Rates, Legislation
Payday loans are known as speedy and convenient solutions to temporary money problems. If you’re facing emergency expenses, a payday loan can become the right solution. Here’s what you should know about how the Illinois payday loan laws work.
The list of payday loan lenders in Illinois
Dollar Hand helps people borrow between $100 and $35,000. It is a loan agent who matches customers with the best lenders in the US. The company was established in 2018 to issue loans.
- Address: 30507 IL-9 Sr9, Mackinaw, IL 61755
- Phone: (323) 638-2296
- Website: https://dollarhand.com/
Speedy Cash offers a variety of cash loans to help keep you afloat until you receive your next paycheck. The lender is licensed to operate in multiple states across the country. With Speedy Cash, you can borrow between $50 and $26,000.
- Address: 848 Sibley Blvd, Dolton, IL 60419, United States
- Phone: +1 708-841-5168
- Website: https://www.speedycash.com
Check `n Go
Check `n Go provides Americans with convenient financial solutions through installment loans, payday loans, cash advances, and more. Io is a storefront and online lender that has nearly 1,000 locations in the U.S.
- Address: 2307 W Lawrence Ave Unit A, Chicago, IL 60625, United States
- Phone: +1 773-271-0303
- Website: https://www.checkngo.com/
OppLoans provides short-term loans that are considered a decent alternative to costly payday loans for borrowers with poor credit. OppLoans funds its loans as soon as the next day.
- Address: One Prudential Plaza, 130 E Randolph St Suite 3400, Chicago, IL 60601, United States
- Phone: +1 800-990-9130
- Website: https://www.opploans.com/
CashNetUSA is an online lender that operates all across the USA. It offers several types of loans, including payday loans and installment loans. With CashNetUSA payday loans, you can expect to receive just $500 in borrowed funds.
- Address: 175 West Jackson Boulevard, Suite 1000, Chicago, IL 60604
- Phone: 888.801.9075
- Website: https://www.cashnetusa.com/
Advance America is a lender that offers payday loans, installment loans, title loans and lines of credit. The company has online and in-store services in 27 states and delivers the funds you qualify for within 24 hours.
- Address: 4142 W 167th St Ste 6, Oak Forest, IL
- Phone: 1 877 505 0701
- Website: https://www.advanceamerica.net/
SunLoan provides fast and easy personal loans. You can apply for a loan up to $7,000 an online or in-person.
- Address: 254 Spencer Lane, San Antonio, TX 78201
- Website: https://www.sunloan.com/
Pheabs is an online loan connection service, helping borrowers across the US find the best lender for their current needs and budget. They offer loans from $100 to $35,000
- Address: 515 E Las Olas Boulevard Suite 120. Fort Lauderdale FL 33301
- Phone: 1-855-884-6510
- Website: https://pheabs.com/
Cashcity Payday is an online payday loan lender that operates nationwide. you can get online cash advance loans and personal loans fast up to $1500.
- Address: 5603 W. 79th St., Burbank, IL 60459
- Phone: (708) 430-5556
- Website: cashcitypayday.com
Are payday loans legal in Illinois?
Payday lending is legal in the state of Illinois, but its regulation is heavy. In 2021, The Predatory Loan Prevention Act was signed by Illinois Governor, which caps the interest on payday loans to a 36% APR. Before 2021, the APRs were much higher. Finance charges could previously reach $15.50 for every $100 a person borrowed. This Act is similar to the Military Lending Act, which was signed in 2006.
Illinois lenders offer small-dollar loans that follow the payday loan structure, but they can’t come with excessive interest rates as it was previously.
Loan terms, debt limits, and collection limits in Illinois
|Maximum loan amount||$1,000 or 25% of gross monthly income, whichever is less|
|Interest rate (APR)||36%|
|Minimum loan term||13 days|
|Maximum loan term||45 days|
|Number of outstanding loans allowed||Two|
|Cooling-off period||7 days after 45 consecutive loan days|
|Finance charges||$1 verification fee|
|Collection fees||Insufficient funds fee not to exceed $25|
Am I eligible for a payday loan in Illinois?
When you apply for a payday loan in Illinois, you must meet a few simple criteria to have a chance at being approved!
- You must be a US resident.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You should have a steady, regular income, earning at least $800 per month.
- You should have a valid phone number and a live checking account.
The maximum payday loan amount in Illinois
In Illinois, you cannot borrow more than $1,000 (or 25% of your gross monthly income). In addition, payday loan providers cannot issue loans to people who have outstanding balances on two payday loans.
The maximum term for a payday loan in Illinois
You cannot take out a payday loan in Illinois for longer than 45 days. The minimum payday loan amount is 13 days. Payday loans cannot be rolled over, and no rollover fees are allowed.
If you still owe one or several payday loans after 35 consecutive days, you can ask for a repayment plan, which will give you another 55 days to pay off your loan in at least four equal installments, with at least 13 days between them, with no additional charges. The repayment term can’t exceed 90 days.
Additionally, there is a cooling-off period of 7 days between payday loans.
Rates, fees, and other charges in Illinois
The maximum APR on payday loans in Illinois is 36%, including a $1 loan verification fee.
Loan providers can also charge a NSF $25 fee. They can’t charge any other additional fees as a result of non-payment.
Where can I get a payday loan in Illinois?
You can get a payday loan in Illinois no matter which city or town you live in. They include:
- Arlington Heights
- Buffalo Grove
- Calumet City
- Carol Stream
- Chicago Heights
- Crystal Lake
- Des Plaines
- Downers Grove
- Elk Grove Village
- Glen Ellyn
- Glendale Heights
- Granite City
- Hanover Park
- Highland Park
- Hoffman Estates
- Homer Glen
- Lake in the Hills
- Morton Grove
- Mount Prospect
- New Lenox
- North Chicago
- Oak Forest
- Oak Lawn
- Oak Park
- Orland Park
- Park Ridge
- Rock Island
- Round Lake Beach
- St. Charles
- Tinley Park
- Vernon Hills
- West Chicago
What is the statute of limitations on a payday loan in Illinois?
A statute of limitations is the period during which a lender can sue a customer for failing to repay their loans.
In the state of Illinois, the statute of limitations on a payday loan is 10 years.
- Currently, payday lenders are not required to check a person’s ability to pay off a loan.
- Before you take out a loan, analyze your financial situation. Don’t borrow too much. This will help you avoid a debt trap.
- Criminal charges are banned in Illinois.
- A lender cannot charge an NSF fee exceeding $25.
- Lenders are not permitted to require collateral (any personal assets) to secure a payday loan.
Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation
- Address:100 West Randolph Street, 9th Floor Chicago, Illinois 60601
- Phone: (312) 814-5145
- Email: FPR.ConsumerCredit@illinois.gov
- Link to website: https://www.idfpr.com/