Current Payday Lenders in Colorado – Terms, Rates, Legislation
In 2023, payday lending occurs frequently across the United States. Because this financial industry is regulated by state officials — not the federal government — the rules vary by state. Here’s how the Colorado payday loan laws work.
The list of payday lenders in Colorado
ACE Cash Express
Since 1968, ACE Cash Express has been a leading financial services provider, offering short-term loans, check cashing, prepaid debit cards, and other products.
- Phone: 1-866-223-2274
- Address: 300 E John Carpenter Fwy Ste 900, Irving, Texas, 75062, United States
- Website: https://www.acecashexpress.com/
Check City is a licensed payday lender that offers payday loans across 15 states.
- Phone: (866) 294-4672
- Address: 1898 S Wadsworth Blvd, Lakewood, CO 80232, United States
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.checkcity.com/
Speedy Cash is a lending and check-cashing company that offers payday and title loans to individuals who need short-term financing.
- Phone: (888) 333-1360
- Address: 6501 E Evans Ave, Denver, CO 80224, United States
- Email: CustomerService@SpeedyCash.com
- Website: https://www.speedycash.com/
Payday Now Loans
Payday Now Loans is a direct lender with easy approval for everyone, even if you have bad credit.
- Phone: (720) 570-3550
- Address: 320 N Broadway, Denver, CO 80203, United States
- Website: https://paydaynowloans.com/
Checkmate payday loans are a good source of meeting with the immediate financial requirements that arise in the middle of a month.
- Phone: 1-866-722-2274
- Address: 1015-A Garden of the Gods Road, Colorado Springs CO 80907
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://callcheckmate.com/
Moneytree is a family-owned business and a leader in the financial services industry that offers installment personal loans in four states.
- Phone: 1-800-745-1011
- Address: 1508 N Academy Blvd Colorado Springs CO 80909
- Website: https://www.moneytreeinc.com/
Advance America is a large lender that offers online loans and in-person lending at more than 1,400 physical locations.
- Phone: (800) 937-3437
- Address: 1029 N Academy Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80909, United States
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.advanceamerica.net/
My Colorado Payday
My Colorado Payday is a company that operates in the Financial Services industry. They can work with bad credit and in some circumstances even no credit at all.
- Phone: (303) 653-9209
- Address: 1261 W 84th Ave #5, Denver, CO 80260, United States
- Website: https://mycoloradopayday.com/
CashAdvance.com is a loan matching service that specializes in short-term cash advance loans. The online service is entirely free and works to find potential lenders in their network.
- Phone: (888) 906-6423
- Address: 3315 E. Russell Rd. Ste A-4 Las Vegas, NV 89120
- Email: Support@CashAdvance.com
- Website: https://www.cashadvance.com/
BadCreditLoans.com offers personal and installment loans across the United States to all credit types. It offers a free, advertiser-supported loan connecting service to consumers.
- Phone: 800-245-5626
- Address: 2661 N Pearl St #431 Tacoma, WA 98407
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.badcreditloans.com/
PersonalLoans.com provides an easy and convenient way for people to be connected with a personal loan through their network of lenders.
- Phone: 1-800-772-2274
- Address: 2661 N Pearl St. #431 Tacoma, WA 98407
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://personalloans.com/
Pheabs is an online loans engine, helping borrowers across the US find the best lender for their financial requirements.
- Phone: 1-(855)-884-6510
- Address: 515 E Las Olas Boulevard, Suite 120, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://pheabs.com/
CashinaMoment is a trusted and leading provider of online payday loan solutions. It is an online payday loan referral service with a large network of quality direct lenders
- Phone: (888) 839-0987
- Address: 113 Skyler Ln, Phoenix, OR 97535, United States
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.cashinamoment.com/
Are payday loans legal in Colorado?
Yes. Payday loans are legal in the state of Colorado.
Before February 2019, the state had very lenient terms for payday loans. Colorado attempted to establish better regulations for the payday lending industry in 2007, but it was unsuccessful. In 2010, they introduced a more successful attempt.
Now everything became different: the state of Colorado limited interest rates to 36%.
As of February 1, 2019, the new law was put into action. It didn’t ban payday loans, however, from now on all lenders wishing to issue short-term loans in Colorado are required to comply with 36% APR cap. Such a limiting measure may be the beginning of the culmination of the payday lending industry in the state.
Colorado Payday Loan Regulations
|Interest Rate (APR)||36%|
|Minimum Loan Amount||Not Specified|
|Maximum Loan Amount||$500|
|Minimum Loan Term||6 months (180 days)|
|Maximum Loan Term||Not Specified|
|Number of Rollovers||1|
|Finance Charges||no more than 36% of the loan|
|Statute of Limitations||3 years (from the last payment)|
|Database Loan Tracking||No|
Loan Amount in Colorado
- In Colorado, you are allowed to take several payday loans, but the total loan amount cannot be over $500 and there should be a cooling-off period of 30 days between payday loans.
- The maximum payday loan amount is $500 which can be taken out for no shorter than half a year.
The maximum term for a payday loan in Colorado
There is no maximum payday loan repayment term in Colorado. However, it is required that borrowers receive a minimum of 6 months to pay back the loan, which is much longer than a traditional payday loan in other states across the country.
Rates, Fees and Other charges in Colorado
- You can be charged no more than 36% for any short-term loan: 1) origination fee – up to 20% of the first $300 loan, + 7.5% of any amount over $300 loan; 2) maintenance fee up to $30 per month
- There are no penalties for early loan repayment.
Colorado payday lending statutes
A statute of limitations is a law that sets the maximum amount of time that parties involved in a dispute have to initiate legal proceedings. When this period ends, the court can’t oblige you to pay off your old debt.
In the state of Colorado, the statute of limitations for most debts is 6 years. The only exception is car loans. The statute of limitations for car loans in this state is 4 years.
- According to the Colorado law, a borrower can be charged one NSF collection fee not exceeding $25.
- If the loan is not paid off, the loan amount + attorney fees can be recovered through the court trial. But a collection agency cannot file any actions against a borrower apart from cases when the checking account of a borrower was closed before the repayment was done.
Besides, in Colorado, it is prohibited to split the loan into several parts.
Colorado Office of the Attorney General
Address: 1300 Broadway 10th Floor, Denver, CO 80203