Current Payday Lenders in Idaho – Terms, Rates, Legislation
When you have emergency expenses and you are short of cash, a payday loan could help you out. Payday loans are unsecured, small-dollar short-term loans that give you speedy access to money when you need it urgently. Read on to find out about the payday lending laws in Idaho.
The list of payday loan lenders in Idaho
Cash Central is a popular direct lender offering online payday and short-term installment loans in most of the US states.
- Max Loan amount range: $100 – $2,000
- Loan term range: up to 35 days
Moneytree is another trusted provider of short-term consumer loans. They have been helping Americans since 1983 with short-term loans.
- Max Loan amount: up to $5,000
- Loan term range: 3 – 18 Months
ACE Cash Express
ACE Cash Express is a direct lender providing access to short-term payday loans, licensed by the Idaho department of finance.
- Max Loan Online : $100 – $1,000
- Loan Term : 9 days to 35 days.
Check Into Cash
Check Into Cash is a reputable direct payday loan lender in Idaho, licensed by the department of finance.
- Max Loan Online : $1,000
- Max Loan In-Store : $800
- Loan Term : 14 days to 35 days.
MoneyMutual is a lender connection service that gives access to payday loans online in Idaho through its large network of licensed and trusted direct lenders and loan providers.
- Max Loan amount range: up to $2500
- Loan term range: varies on the lender and state laws
1st Choice Money Center
1st Choice Money Center is a trusted source for car title, signature, installment, payday and personal loans across the states of Utah and Idaho.
- Max Loan amount: up to $5,000
- Loan term range: up to 24 months
Honest Loans is a lender connection service that can matches borrowers with lenders for personal loans, payday loans, installment loans, and more.
- Max Loan amount range: $100 – $50,000
- Loan term range: varies
Bad Credit Loans
BadCreditLoans is a good option only if you are searching for a personal loan of up to $10,000 and have limited choice of lenders because of poor credit.
- Max Loan amount range: $500 – $10,000
- Loan term range: $10,000
CashAdvance is a lender connecting service that offers access to online short term payday loans in Idaho through an extensive network of lenders or financial service providers.
- Max Loan amount range: up to $1000 (25% of gross monthly income, whichever is less)
- Loan term range: up to 37 months (varies on the lender and state laws)
PersonalLoans is a great resource that connects you to lenders who may be able to offer a loan that can work for you.
- Max Loan amount range: $1,000 and $35,000
- Loan term range: up to 72 months
MyFastCash is a lender connection service that provides access to small payday loans in Idaho through a wide network of licensed lenders and financial service providers.
- Max loan amount range: $100 to $1000
- Loan term range: 10 to 90 days
Are payday loans legal in Idaho?
Yes, payday loans are legal in Idaho. The activities of all payday lenders in the state are regulated by Idaho Statute 28-46-401 et seq. Under this statute, lenders must get a license to issue payday loans, and a provider must have a separate license for every location where it operates.
Idaho has very relaxed terms of payday lending. Since the industry’s beginning in 2001, payday lenders in Idaho could do business quite freely, and despite several legislative changes that have been introduced in 2014, the payday lending industry is still on the loose in Idaho.
Hawaii payday loan regulations
|Maximum loan amount||$1000|
|Fees and finance charges||NA|
|Finance charge on a 14-day $100 loan||$17.50|
|APR on 14-day $100 loan||No limit|
|Maximum no. of outstanding loans at a time||Not specified|
|Rollovers (renewals) allowed||3|
|Collection fees||$20 NSF fee|
Idaho payday lending statutes
Payday loans in the state are regulated by the Idaho Credit Code (Idaho Code Ann. § 28-46-401 et seq.) and by the Idaho Department of Finance. Borrowers should not use such loans only as a last resort and for short-term emergency money needs. You should consider all alternatives, as such loans are high-cost and can catch borrowers in a debt trap in many cases. Also, it is not recommended to borrow more than you really need, otherwise, it may be difficult to repay the debt in the future.
Also, the Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z) states that all borrowers should understand all the aspects of a payday lending transaction, its features and terms. Moreover, all payday lenders should comply with the law regulations in order to do business in Idaho. Each payday loan provider must have a license to issue loans in a particular state.
The loan agreement must disclose all the fees and charges. Also, a loan provider is obligated to inform to a borrower that payday loans are short-term and should be paid off in a short period of time (usually within a few weeks). Any extensions may result in extra charges, and this also should be explained to a borrower prior to concluding a contract.
Loan amount in Idaho
- The maximum payday loan amount in Idaho is $1,000.
- You can get as many loans as you need at a time; however, the total amount of them cannot be over $1,000 as well.
The maximum term for a payday loan in Idaho
- There are no set limits. In Idaho, payday loans can be taken for any time period.
Fees and charges to expect
Idaho’s law doesn’t define the size of interest and financing fees you can expect when taking out a payday loan, so if you are approved for a loan, read the contract carefully. The document must disclose the total loan cost.
- Maximum interest: None specified (but real APR for payday loans in Idaho can reach 652%)
- Financing fee: Not specified
- Late payment fee: A one-time fee of $25
A loan provider is not allowed to charge any additional fees and cannot charge a fee for a 60-day repayment plan.
The exact interest and fees you may be charged depend on the lender. So before you take out a loan, make sure to compare the offered rates in the state.
Payday loans are also available to people with bad credit, and many lenders do not perform hard credit checks. But keep in mind that bad credit loans are more expensive.
How getting multiple payday loans works in Idaho
There is no cooling-off period requirement between payday loans in Idaho. However, we recommend that you wait between short-term loans to avoid spending too much on interest.
Borrowers can extend their payment plans just once per year in Idaho. If you opt for a 60-day extended repayment plan, a loan provider is not allowed to charge you extra fees.
How to apply
Lenders in Idaho have different requirements for those who are eligible for a payday loan. Below are the general eligibility criteria and information you’ll need.
- You should be 18 years or older
- You should be a US citizen or a permanent US resident
- You should have a stable source of income
- Your name, date of birth, Social Security number and a government-issued ID
- Your home, address, email and phone number
- Information about your checking account
- Information about your employment and income
Idaho Department of Finance
- Website: http://finance.idaho.gov/
- Address: Consumer Finance Bureau, 800 Park Blvd., Suite 200, Boise ID 83712
- Phone: (208) 332-8000
- Toll-Free (Within Idaho Only): 1-888-346-3378
- Regulatory contact: Mike Larsen, Consumer Finance Bureau Chief