Current Payday Lenders in Maine – Terms, Rates, Legislation
Whether you have an unplanned expense, want to pay for education, buy a Christmas gift, or need extra cash for vacation, a payday loan can help.
The list of payday loan lenders in Maine
Check `n Go
Check ‘n Go is a legit storefront and online lender that works in many states. The lender has over 1,000 locations all across the United States. It offers short-term payday loans, installment loans, cash advances, check cashing and more.
- Website: https://www.checkngo.com/
- Phone number: (800) 561-2274
- Address: 6576 Old Winter Garden Rd. Orlando FL
Open Cash Advance
Open Cash Advance was founded in 2015. It matches potential borrowers with licensed lenders from the network and helps get payday loans and investment loans.
- Website: https://opencashadvance.com/
- Phone number: 1 (844) 675-7424
- Address: 30 N GOULD ST, STE R, Sheridan, WY 82801
- Email: email@example.com
MayBeLoan is a popular online platform that helps people get various types of loans.
- Website: https://maybeloan.com/
- Address: 901 Travis St, Houston, TX, USA
- Email: info@MaybeLoan.com
Snappy Payday Loans
Snappy Payday Loans is an online marketplace connecting potential borrowers with reliable payday lenders, allowing you access to the short-term financing you need.
- Address: 398 Dania Beach Blvd #468 Dania Beach, FL 33004
- Phone: (844) 390-0450
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.snappypaydayloans.com/
Green Day Online has a 15- year experience in providing various loan types to US residents. With fast and easy payday loans, you can access cash online.
- Tel: (800) 424-2789
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 5050 Quorum Drive Dallas, Texas 75254 18851 NE 29th Avenue Aventura, FL 33180
- Website: https://greendayonline.com/
Payday Champion is a trusted online lender that has been offering installment and payday loans since 2011. They also work with customers having bad credit scores. Their payday loans are often used to pay off an emergency.
- Tel: +1 800-456-3496
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 412 Main St. #420. Houston, TX 77002
- Website: https://www.paydaychampion.com/
TheGuaranteedLoans is a loan connection platform that has earned huge trust in the financial industry because of providing reliable online lending matching services.
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://theguaranteedloans.com/
With ExtLoansUSA you can get $100 – $1000 payday loan online from direct lenders in Maine and other states. Good credit is not required. They also guarantee fast approval decision in just a few minutes,
- Address: 1125 E Broadway, #545 Glendale, CA 91205
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (888) 775-0859
- Website: https://www.extloansusa.com/
Are payday loans legal in Maine?
Payday loans are strictly regulated in the state of Maine (however, restrictions apply). A lender cannot issue payday loans in the state unless it has appropriate licenses and supervision. Actually, this state has some of the strictest regulations in the United States. Any lender that is not on the list of exempted businesses cannot cash post-dated checks.
The payday lending regulations have been introduced many years ago and, thanks to them, the state has only a few licensed payday lenders operating in Maine.
Maine payday lending statutes
Maine has the following laws to regulate payday lending:
- Me. Rev. Stat. Ann. tit. 9-A §1-301 and
- Me. Rev. Stat. Ann. tit 9-A §1-201.
All payday lenders in the state are obliged to have a “Supervised lender” license to issue loans. Another requirement is that all loan providers also must post a $50,000 consumer protection bond with Maine.
The costs and regulations surrounding Maine payday loans
Here’s what fees you can expect when getting payday loans in Maine (ME):
- Payday lending status in Maine: Legal
- Minimum loan amount: Not determined
- Maximum loan amount of a payday loan in Maine: $2000
- Maximum Interest Rate (APR): 196%
- Minimum payday loans term in Maine: Not determined
- Maximum loan term: Not determined
- Finance charge for 14-day $100 loan: Not determined
- Installment option: Yes
Maine payday regulations for lenders
- Lenders in Maine cannot charge more than 30% for payday loans up to $2,000
- Lenders cannot charge more than $5 for loans not exceeding $75
- Lenders cannot charge more than $15 for loans in amounts ranging between $75 and $250
These rates cap help consumers avoid getting into a debt trap.
You should compare rates before applying for a loan in MA as you don’t want to worsen your financial state.
Loan amount in Maine
- The minimum payday loan in the state is not mentioned, however, lender cannot issue payday loans over $2,000.
The maximum term for a payday loan in Maine
- There are no specific loan terms and rollovers for payday loans in this state.
- There is no information about cooling-off periods between loans.
- There are no specific requirements for extended repayment plans.
Eligibility criteria for Maine payday loans
In Maine, it’s simple to get a payday loan online. You just need to meet certain borrower requirements.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be a legal resident of Maine.
- You need a permanent source of income and make at least $1,000 each month.
- You need a valid phone number and email.
- You must not be a debtor in bankruptcy.
Where can I get a payday loan in Maine?
You can get a payday loan in almost every city and town in Maine, including:
- Old Town
- Presque Isle
- South Portland
From 2020, payday loan providers are not required to check a potential borrower’s ability to pay back a loan.
Before you apply, assess your financial state, do not borrow more than you can afford.
Always repay payday loans on time, otherwise, you can find yourself in a debt trap.
All criminal actions against borrowers are banned in the state of Maine.
If you have any payday loan issues and inquiries, you can contact the Maine Office of Consumer Credit Regulation.
Maine Bureau of Consumer Credit Protection
- Mailing address: Department of Professional and Financial Regulation, 35 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333
- Address: 76 Northern Ave, Gardiner, ME 04345
- Phone: 800-332-8529 (toll free), 207-624-8527
- Website: https://www.maine.gov/pfr/consumercredit/index.shtml